Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Daze

When I think of spring I think of baby animals, flowers, sunshine, and pastel colors. Spring is my favorite season because everything seems to become new and bright. Winter is on its way out and summer is just around the bend. While basking in the beautiful sun and appreciating all of the flowers in the yard this morning, I had a sudden  urge to give myself a mani as equally beautiful as a warm spring morning. So that's what I did; 30 minutes later I ended up with a pastel-colored-spring-flower manicure that I absolutely love!

You Will Need:

Tip: You can really use anything with a pointy tip in place of the dotting tool/toothpick.
(Bobby pin, pencil, needle etc.)












Step 1:
With the NUDE polish, coat the middle and ring fingers completely and let dry.


Step 2:
Coat the thumb, pinky, and pointer fingers with the PASTEL polish you chose. Allow to dry completely then give them a second coat.


Step 3:
On the nude nails create, at most, 2 small circles per nail.


Step 4:
Paint 4-6 small petals around each circle and fill in the empty spaces surrounding the flowers with a few half ovals. 

optional: You can fill in the empty spaces between the flowers with a few small dots. It makes the nail looks more like lace. 


Step 5:
Using the clear polish of your choosing, dot it into the center of the flowers and centered just above your cuticles on the pastel nails.


Step 6:
Firmly press the nail gems into the dots of clear polish.


Step 7:
Apply a fairly thick top coat. 
I recommend Sally Hansen's Strengthening Top Coat because it dries quickly, doesn't chip, and makes your nails look super super shiny!



Allow your nails enough time to dry. If you are in a hurry try holding your nails under ice water for up to 3 minutes to speed up the drying process. 


I love you Spring!
    Harli








No comments:

Post a Comment