Saturday, June 28, 2014

Broad Stripes & Bright Stars



To be honest, there are probably 1,000 different nail designs I have floating around in my head that I want to do to my nails this year for the fourth, but I only have so many fingers to paint on so I just whipped up some of the ones I am debating between sporting this coming fourth. So I hope you like these designs!

"Hurrah for the Flag of the Free" (The Stars and Stripes Forever)




Start off with a blue base



Using a large dotting tool and white polish create two big connected dots 3/4 of the way down the nail



Fill in the rest of the nail 



 With red polish and a striper, create red lines only in the white section of the nail



With a silver polish and striper trace over the top of the white



Seal in the design with a fast drying top coat


"Home of the Brave" (The Star Spangled Banner)



Start with a white base



Cut some page savers in half and stick to bottom center of nail



Using red polish and a striper create stripes from the page saver to nail tip



Immediately remove the page saver



Using nail gems or glitter, line between the stripes and half moon



Apply a fast drying top coat


"Uncle Sam Came Here" (Yankee Doodle)



Start off with white nails and paint one with 3/4 red strips and one 3/4 plain blue



Apply a blue dot on the bottom of the stripes and make an "X" across the nail crossing in the center of the blue dot. Fill it in.



Repeat last step on blue nail, but with red polish



Apply white dots or glitters onto the blue part of the nail



Outline the center dot and "X" with white polish. Apply a sideways "V" extending from the center dot

Apply a fast drying top coat. 


"It Waves Forever" (Stars and Stripes Forever)



On a white base, create a blue rectangle in a corner of the nail



Using a striper and red, create horizontal lines across the nail



Add some white dots or sparkles into the blue section of the nail



Apply a fast drying top coat

I hope you enjoyed the first of several July 4th nail art Howtos. Mix and match these designs with other designs of your own creation or with each other for unique, but still patriotic manis!




Harli 

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with these nails!!! Seriously trying this out this week for the 4th. Great post girl :)

    http://julietsthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! Such cute nails. I wish I would do this to mine but I'm not patient enough to let them dry lol :/

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Waiting for them to dry is the part I struggle with as well (:
      It's totally worth it though!
      Try putting your fingertips into a bowl of ice water for about a minute to dry your nails more quickly. That's what I do!
      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete